EASY ESCAPES LEGALS
EASY ESCAPES MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
EASY ESCAPES MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS, GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1 Easy Escapes is a Subsidised Marketing Program for Easy Holidays.
- 1.2 A member of Easy Escapes is not entitled to the same benefits offered by Easy Holidays, unless the member converts his/her membership in terms of these terms and conditions.
- 1.3 Easy Escapes is not part of the Scheme Managed Investment or otherwise regulated under the Property Timesharing Control Act.
2. EASY ESCAPES BENEFITS AND PRODUCT USAGE
- 2.1 A member of Easy Escapes has an opportunity to rent holiday accommodation offered from within the Easy Holidays accommodation pool ("rental accommodation") at discounted prices, subject to availability.
- 2.2 Each rental accommodation available is allocated an "Easy Escape points value" (For which there is an associated e'Scape points rental cost, see the fee clause below). To book accommodation a member simply rents the requisite number of Easy Escapes e'Scape points when or before he/she makes a reservation for the rental accommodation. Membership with Easy Escapes entitles a member to access the e'Points Userguide which is a listing of the rental accommodation made available by Easy Holidays and the e'Points value of the accommodation (1 EASY Escapes e'Scape point = 1 Easy Holidays e'Point).
- 2.3 The longest duration that a member can rent rental accommodation for at one time is seven (7) days (Monday to Monday). A member also has the option of splitting their rental accommodation into midweek and weekend accommodation if they do not wish to rent the rental accommodation for the full seven (7) days. The midweek accommodation is usually available to a member between Monday and Thursday (4 nights) (subject to each resort's policy) and the weekend accommodation is usually available to a member from Friday to Sunday (3 nights) (subject to each resort's policy).
- 2.4 Each member is permitted to use a maximum of six (6) rental accommodations a year. Of the 6 rental accommodations each year, each member is permitted to make two (2) guest bookings a year. A guest booking is a booking where the member does not occupy the accommodation himself/herself but allows a third party to use the rental accommodation on his/her behalf.
- 2.5 All rental accommodation is subject to availability and there is no guarantee that rental accommodation will be available at a desired date or timecard
- 2.6 An additional fee is also applicable for Weekend only reservations, see the fee clause below.
- 2.7 A member does not acquire any more rights in and to the properties on offer for rental or the rental accommodation other than the right to occupy the rental accommodation for the duration of the booking, which duration is to be authorized by Easy Escapes.
- 2.8 Membership to Easy Escapes does not bestow rights of ownership in and to a property to a member.
- 2.9 To book rental accommodation the member must first rent the requisite number of EASY Escapes e'Scape points
- 2.10 A member is under no obligation to purchase Easy Escapes e'Scape points.
- 2.11 A member will also have access to short notice bookings. Short notice bookings are where a reservation date is twenty eight (28) days or less before the check-in date. Short notice bookings will be discounted even further than ordinary bookings.
- 2.12 Cancellation of a booking where the check-in date is more than six (6) weeks away from the date the member notifies Easy Escapes of his/her intention to cancel a booking will incur a cancellation fee, see paragraph 4 below.
- 2.13 Cancellation of a booking where the check-in date is less than six (6) weeks away from the date the member notifies Easy Escapes of his/her intention to cancel a booking will result in that member forfeiting monies/points paid in respect of that booking.
- 2.14 Bookings during peak season, cannot be split into a midweek or weekend accommodation. The member must rent the rental accommodation to the duration of seven (7) dayspring
- 2.15 A member is not permitted to book rental accommodation more than four (4) months in advance of the check-in date.
- 3.1 The duration of the membership is twenty four (24) months.
- 3.2 After expiration the 24th month, the membership shall continue on a month to month basis.
- 3.3 A member is not entitled to transfer, cede, or assign any rights and obligations he/she may have by virtue of his/her membership.
- 3.4 A person only becomes a member of Easy Escapes once the written application form is completed and signed by that person, or that person has confirmed telephonically with an agent of Easy Escapes that they wish to subscribe to Easy Escapes and a welcome email referring that person to these terms and conditions has been sent.
- 3.5 Only when a person is a member will he/she be entitled to benefit from Easy Escapes.
4. MEMBERSHIP AND OTHER FEES
- 4.1 Each member of Easy Escapes is required to pay a monthly membership fee in the amount of R300.
- 4.2 If a member intends to book a holiday over a weekend only, that member will be liable to pay a surcharge of R400.
- 4.3 The rental price of an e'Scape point is R90 per point.
- 4.4 Should a member fail to pay the monthly membership fee, that member is not entitled to enjoy any benefits offered by Easy Escapes (whether those benefits are due or not) and Easy Escapes is entitled to terminate that member's membership.
- 4.5 A member will be liable to pay a cancellation fee of R400.00 if the member cancels a booking where the check-in date is more than 6 weeks away from the date on which the member notifies Easy Escapes of his/her intention to cancel a booking.
- 4.6 A member will forfeit his/her Escapes e'Scape points used in relation to a booking where he/she cancels a booking where the check-in date is less than six (6) weeks away from the date he/she notifies Easy Escapes of his/her intention to cancel the booking.
- 4.7 All fees are subject to periodic review and possible escalation.
A member shall have no claim against Easy Escapes for any direct or indirect loss incurred by the members or guest of members arising out of or relating to that membership.
6. CONVERTING FROM EASY ESCAPES TO EASY HOLIDAYS
- 6.1 If a member wishes to convert his/her membership with Easy Escapes to a membership with Easy Holidays, he/she is required to sign an "Easy Holidays contract" with Easy Holidays and pay a deposit, subject to clauses 6.2 and 6.3 below.
- 6.2 A member who wishes to convert his/her membership in terms of 6.1 above may be entitled to a rebate of his/her Easy Holidays deposit in terms of 6.3 below .
- 6.3 The rebate amount in 6.2 above is limited to the value of a member's total membership fees paid at the date the conversion, or 10% of the member's Easy Holidays deposit, whichever is the lesser.
7. COOL OFF PERIOD AND CANCELLATION
- 7.1 Members can terminate their membership by notifying Easy Escapes in writing 5 days after signing the written application form or 5 days after a member has confirmed telephonically with an agent of Easy Escapes that they wish to subscribe to Easy Escapes and a welcome email referring that member to these terms and conditions has been sent.
- 7.2 A notice terminating a member's membership must be sent via post to PO Box 11776, Marine Parade, 4056 or Fax to 086 600 7207 or by email to [email protected] Any monies paid by the member to Easy Escapes will be refunded to the member, without interest.
- 7.3 A member will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid to easy Escapes 5 days after signing the written application form or 5 days after a member has confirmed telephonically with an agent of Easy Escapes that they wish to subscribe to easy Escapes and a welcome email referring that member to these terms and conditions has been sent.
- 7.4 Members cancelling at any other stage during their membership will remain liable for any funds unpaid at the date of cancellation, and must give 20 business day notice of their intention to cancel. Any funds payable during the 20 business days' notice period will remain due and payable.
- 7.5 Any bookings made by the member, but not yet taken up at the date of cancellation, will be honoured by Easy Escapes provided the member is up to date with their membership fees and other fees in terms of this cancellation policy.
8. LEGAL FEES
If any action is instituted by a member or guest pertaining directly or indirectly to Easy Escapes, that member and/or guest shall be liable to pay all costs incurred by Easy Escapes on an attorney own-client scale.
9. GRANTING OF RIGHTS
Where a member is granted a right or remedy under these terms and conditions, it shall be in addition to and not in substitution for any other right or remedy which that member may have in terms of this agreement or in law.
10. NO WAVIER
- 10.1 No failure on part of Easy Escapes to exercise, and no delay by Easy Escapes in exercising, any right under these terms and conditions will operate as a waiver of that right, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right under these terms and conditions preclude any further or other exercise of that right nor act to the exclusion of any other right.
- 10.2 Should Easy Escapes fail or decline to enforce the whole or any part of these terms and conditions or grant any indulgence to the member and/or a guest of the member, then the act or omission aforesaid shall not be interpreted as a waiver of it rights nor shall it act as an estoppel against or otherwise prejudice Easy Escapes committing the act or omission.
11. NON VARIATION
No representation, warrant, offer, invitation, term of condition proposed or settled upon shall be of any effect whatsoever save to the extent that it is recorded in these terms and conditions or on Easy Escape's.
13. PRICING POLICY
All prices are quoted in rands (ZAR).
14. DELIVERY POLICY
There is no delivery policy applicable to this company.
Website Terms and Conditions
By using this web site, you indicate your understanding and agreement to the policies outlined in this "Terms and Conditions" statement.
You agree that all content made available on this site is proprietary and is protected by copyrights, trademarks, or other proprietary rights and laws. You may view, download, print or copy the materials on this web site for your own personal use only. You may not publish, modify in any way or redistribute any of the materials on this site without prior written permission from the owner of the materials.
Links to External Sites
This site may contain links to external web sites. Please be aware that they are provided only as a convenience to our visitors and does not indicate Easy Escapes's endorsement of those sites. Easy Escapes has no control over the content or policies of those sites and takes no responsibility for the information contained in or any damages resulting from the use of those web sites.
You agree to provide current and accurate personal information on all forms submitted to this web site. You further agree not to misrepresent or impersonate any person or entity in any communications with Easy Escapes or content posted on or distributed through this web site.
You agree that you are responsible for any information you submit or post to this web site. You agree not to post, link or by any means distribute content that may be considered unlawful, damaging or harmful to this site and services or others.
The materials and services on this site are presented "as is" with no warranty of any kind. You agree that use of this site and its services is at your own risk. You agree to abide by the "Terms and Conditions" and agree to hold Easy Escapes and its officers, affiliates, agents, employees or partners harmless from damages resulting from the use of the site and services, its availability or the content contained therein.
Why do we collect information?
We collect information about our visitors primarily for the purpose of enhancing their web site experience and to allow us to analyse web site traffic and better understand how our web site is used.
This site uses "cookies" which are a small amount of data sent to your browser by a web server. Cookies are most frequently used to 1) customize certain aspects of our site 2) allow us to monitor and measure web site traffic AND 3) function as an user identifier when accessing restricted areas of this web site.
Most browsers will allow you to control cookies settings including whether or not to accept them and how to block or remove them. Please note that if you choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of this web site.
What information do we collect?
When you visit most web sites, web servers log non-identifying information such as browser type, operating system, IP (Internet Protocol) address and referral information. This information is used for internal reporting and analysis and allows us to track the usage of our web site and its services. This provides us with valuable information on how to better serve our web site visitors. We do not make any attempt to connect IP addresses with an individual user.
When accessing specific options or services on this site, we may request that you provide us with personal information, such as your first and last name, postal and email addresses. You are not required to provide us with any personal information in order to use this web site. However, please note that if you choose not to provide us with this information you may not be able to take advantage of all of the services offered on this web site.
How do we use this information?
Easy Escapes uses personal information to reply to inquiries and contact users in connection with the services or options they have selected, such as subscribing to a newsletter. Periodically, we may also send out information on updates and new features to our web site. If you do not wish to be contacted in connection with these services, you will be provided with an easy method to opt-out of receiving these types of communications.
Easy Escapes takes every precaution to protect any personal information you choose to share with us, online and off-line.
Easy Escapes will not share your personal information with any third parties who are not bound to act on Easy Escapes's behalf. It is against Easy Escapes's policy to sell personal information collected online without consent.
Easy Escapes may release your personal information if we are required to do so by law or we believe in good faith that such an action is necessary to a) defend our rights and/or property b) protect against the unauthorized or misuse of Progressive Systems Development's web sites or c) protect the personal safety or property of others.